Friday, January 15, 2016

UnTextbook and Overview

What caught my attention:

1st pick, Unit: Saints and Animals I picked this unit as soon as I saw animals in it. I have a passion for animals and have always studied then since I was a young child. I find it easier for my self to remember and learn things when I have passion about it. The fact these readings are about animals, I find then enjoyable to read and easier to remember. In this unit it say "These saints come from different time periods and different countries, but they all share a spiritual, even supernatural, connection to the animal kingdom." All of these things I have an interest for, especial spirits and spirt animals. 

( Posted by Abbie Farwell BrownImage found on Wikipedia


2nd pick, Unit: Cherokee Myths I Picked this unit because I am Cherokee. I am also taking Cherokee this semester and it will only help me to understand the Cherokee better. I want to learn their ways and history. It is a part of me and who I am. The little I do know about the Cherokee and Native Americans I really enjoy. The myth of the dream catcher is one of my favorites.

3rd pick, Unit: Adam and Eve I picked this unit because I want to lean about the being. I am not religious and know only the very basics of religion and God. My mother is Mormon but my dad is not religious. I was not raised into any religion. I do want to lean though, and maybe one day decide on a religion I would like to practice.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you noticed the Saints and Animals book, Ashlie - perfect! There are wolves in there (The Wolf-Mother of Saint Ailbe AND the famous story of Saint Francis the wolf of Gubbio)... and there are more saint-and-animal stories beyond what is included there. It sounds like these first two weeks can be a chance for you to explore some religious texts, and then you can follow an "animal path" for the rest of the semester if you want, and perhaps you will want to do an animal Storybook for your class project. There are so many possibilities!

    ReplyDelete