Sunday, January 10, 2016

Favorite Place ~ Home

They always say home is where the heart it. My heart lays in the Teton Mountains.
Photo taken by:Chris Ellis West at English Wikipedia. April 2007

I was raised in a small town called Driggs, ID. The Teton mountains are in Wyoming though. As I like to call it, I grew up in Wydaho (Idaho and Wyoming). I lived on the boarder line. I moved away from Wydaho when I went off to college. I have missed it ever since. I miss the mountains, the snow, the hikes, the wildlife, the sunsets, the sunrises, the feeling of being surrounded by a mountain range, the feeling of being close to nature. Everything that I love doing I can do at home. Many of my best memories and experience have been around an in these mountains. In all my travels I will only call this place home, it has my heart and I believe it always will.  
"The Mountains Are Calling And I Must Go" - John Muri 
(Personal photo, String Lake in Grant Teton National Park, July 2015) 

1 comment:

  1. WOW, Ashlie, your own photo there of String Lake is absolutely gorgeous! I can totally see why that is a place that would call to you from far away. My husband used to live in Wyoming and he talks about it often... but I have never been there! Someday I hope to go! Of course so much of mythology and folklore is inspired by nature and that world you describe here... maybe you will want to do a project for this class with Native American legends from "Wydaho" or perhaps project about mountain legends, etc. etc. You could have beautiful John Muir quotes scattered throughout (he was such an amazing person; I used to go visit Muir Woods when I lived in Bay Area...). Anyway, your blog post looks super; thanks again for getting started early like this.

    ReplyDelete