Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Famous Last Words: Week 2

Thats a Wrap 
I am pleased to say that I finished all my week 2 readings and did the extra credit. For my reading this week I read over Unit: Saints and Animals. I enjoyed the readings and look forward to next weeks. I am also glad I did the extra credit reading. It lead to some curiosity, that lead to ideas to picking for my storybook. It was over the Cherokee Unit, I hope I will get to read more on. I remember my favorite reading was the tale of The Wolf-Mother of Saint Ailbe. It gave me a sense of connection on how even though the wolf family was not Ailbe's birth family it was his family none the less. Ailbe never forgot his family. I am very close with my family and have friends I would without a second though call my family. It is about the people who care about you as much as you care about them that we call our family. 
My favorite blog post form this week was my story I rewrote on The Wolf-Mother of Saint Ailbe. I put a lot of thought and work into it. I ended up cutting it short from when I first wrote every thing out. It was a struggle to keep it under 1,000 words. When I was young and we had to make up stories in class I never had trouble writing the page minimum. I like to say I have a good imagination. I am working on trying to use different story approaches every week, as well as challenging my self to keep things different. My goal is to keep my readers entertained, and not to be able to guess the outcome of my stories. Another goal I have for this class is to eventually rewrite a poem, or a story into a poem. 
Accomplishment, I think I found my story book topic! The earth is my inspiration. 
(GAEA)

No comments:

Post a Comment