Sunday, January 17, 2016

Growth Mindset

Its all about how you look at the situation. If you start of with a negative mind the outcome will be negative. I you start of with an open mind the possibilities are endless. 
Original Photo Made By Robert Balog

Growth mindset, is something I fully believe in and will support. Growing up I had a more than average strict father. He always expected the best. He always told me that if you are going to do something you should win. I was pushed a lot ever since I can remember. With that being said there is no doubt that I would try even harder to succeed. On the other hand I would always hind my failures from him. Even second place, wasn't a win. Once I grew up and had more freedom, I expanded my mind. I wanted to try new things that I wasn't able to before. I was able to explore and step out of my comfort zone. I became alright with not being the best at everything. I learned everything new takes practice before you can become better. You must start with the basics before you can become a master. The more open minded you are with every aspect in life the more you can take in and learn. I always remind myself that you shouldn't say no until you've tried it. 

"I am so grateful for my troubles. I have come to realize that my greatest triumph have been born of my greatest troubles." Quote By: Steven Maraboil - Photo By: Unsplace on pixabay 


From my college experience I have grown a great deal as a student and an individual. With OU being the third college I have attended, I have experience many different college education environments. Seeing many different ways people teach then combining all the great tips, advice, and help has advanced me as a student. As an individual I have been more open minded in trying new things. I like to think that you never know if there is a better way until you try a different way. Another on elf my so called life rules are always try the food before you say you don't like it. I think I used to be the pickiest eater I have ever known. Then I told myself, hey how do you know that food won't last amazing? Now i am inspired by so many different types of food cultures and different ways to cook. My regret is not learning this sooner! 

One of my goals for this semester is to take into view of how people learned way back in the being. Such as myths, forlorn, the bible and ancient tales. For example to grow a tree, you just plant a seed. Yet, if you know about the seed and what soil it grows best in the tree will grow better. If you know where that seed came from, and what environment the seed best grows in the seed will flourish. I want to learn my roots, as well as continue to learn new ways. 







1 comment:

  1. I love the quote "you must start with the basics before becoming a master" I think that is very true. I also like the "you cant say no until you have tried it." I am on the same page as you as far dealing with various instances over my college career and learning from each and every experience and taking what I have learned to be a better person for the next challenge. I think that it was college is all about is learning from your mistakes and making sure that mistake doesn't happen anymore. You have also got to stay confident in everything you do and accept that you are not going to be the best in everything you do, like you mentioned above.

    ReplyDelete