Sunday, January 24, 2016

Topics

1. Capricorn mythology:
I choose this topic due to my curiosity and interest in my zodiac/horoscope sign. I was first inspired by this topic when my grandma recently gave me a black onyx necklace. I was studying petroleum engineering and took many rock property classes. I have always been fascinated by rocks, gems, and stones. Then when I looked up the gemstone I found out it was known to be the star stone of the Capricorn. Then I found my self researching Capricorns the rest of the day. I thought it would be a great way to learn more and incorporate it into this assignment.

Research: I found a good web sight called Gods and Monsters.com that has good in tel on Capricorn mythology. The Capricorn's sign is the sea goat, from the ancient Greeks. This web sight also referenced the Scriptures of Delphi containing information about most mysterious constellation myths. The zodiac sign of the sea goat begins with Pricus, the father of the race of sea goats. Prices is also tied to Chronos, known as the god of time. Capricorns pulling planet is Saturn, its element is Earth, flower is carnation, metal is lead, and quality is Cardinal.

2. All About Wolf Myths
In week one I picked the animal unit because i am an animal lover. Yet, I find the wolf legends to be my favorite. When I was born my dad had a dog that was 3/4 wolf and 1/4 husky. He look just like a wold and was extremely protective over me. When my parents first got a baby sitter for me I was in my crib when they left. Then a few short minutes later they got a call from my sitter saying the dog wouldn't let her pick me up. He stood infant of me and pined his ears back to growl. He never harmed anyone though. He did help raise me and watched over me. A wolf is also my spirit animal and I love to lean more about things I am passionate about.

Research: I found a great Web Sight that lists tons of wolf myths, Aesop, legends and stories. I also wikipedia searched wolf mythology and found some information. The wolf was first seen as a symbol of a warrior in one hand and evil in the other. The wolf held great meaning and importance to the nomadic people. I also researched a little on the forlorn side about wolfs found on treesforlife.org.
Fenrir, bound by the gods.

3. Cherokee Myths
I would enjoy studying, reading and leaning more about the Cherokee because I have Cherokee blood in me. My great great grandmother was a full blood Cherokee that traveled on the trail of tears. I am also taking Cherokee right now. The more you know about one or one thing the better you may be able to understand it. I am intrigued how the Indians lived in their native ways. How they lived only from the earth.

Research: I researched a Native American web sight that lists and tells about many of the important Cherokee mythology characters. Most of Cherokee tried tell of how they learned to live the way they do now. Such as the Myth I read about  The First Fire from the un-textbook. It tell of how they found fire and a water spider was able to carry it back with her to warm her tribe. There is also a whole Cherokee Unit for this class found in the un-textbook.

4. (GAEA) Earth Mythology or Protogenoi
I am fascinated by earth and the though of traveling all around it. So I thought of how the earth came to be. Where the elements came from and how they are so great. Also I love the outdoors and natures beauty.

Research: I searched earth mythology and found out that GAEA is the Greek god of earth, as well as a protogenoi. Protogenoi is the basic components of the universe that emerged at its creation. Such as earth, water, air, sea, underworld, darkness, night, light, day, procreation, time and sky. These are also known as the primeval gods.

Magnum Chaos



No comments:

Post a Comment