Sunday, January 17, 2016

Storybook Favorites

The first storybook that caught my attention was Changeling of the Seasons.

This was the first story book I choose to open and look at. The title caught my attention right       away. I have always been fascinated with nature and how the seasons change. Nature never rushes yet always accomplishes everything. It never fails to grasp beauty. As I started reading this story book, I continued to show interest. The being does not gives to much away, yet holds a mystery to it. Part of the mystery is the creator and how humans have adapted through time. The other part is how there is no telling what the future holds and if we will live through it. 

I really enjoyed and was interest in, The Wolf Diary.

As soon as I see the word wolf, my attention is present. I really liked everything about this storybook from the pictures, the story, and the flow of the writing. The pictures had to be my favorite though, it really helped me imagine the story as it was being told. With this storybook taking about wolves and the forest I felt at home. Like a wolf the mountains are my home. I just don't sleep there every night. I liked how the entries were a combination of a story about a wolf, at the same time a story about how one faces a struggle form within. Deciding what is right and wrong. 

My third pick was Lunar Legends.
To the mystery of the moon, may this storybook help you learn. How one object can be so simple yet have so much power. To control the tide of the water, the brightness of the night, and the action of those who watch it. The introduction told of three stories of the moon; where it came from, its friends then its lover. The the next entry where border explanation of these three subject. It was a nice transition as well as a hook to keep me reading. 


All three of these projects really sparked my interest. They are all similar in involving nature, something I am always eager to learn more about. 

Buddha-quotes-about-three-truths
(Image found on sunshine poetry)

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you found that wolf Storybook, Ashlie — that is a new one from last semester, and it turned out really great I thought. And the changeling Storybook is also from last semester... plus, the person who wrote that one is in Indian Epics this semester, so of course I am super-curious to see what kind of project she will do this time since the changeling project was fantastic. And if you are interested in the Buddha's own stories, check out the Jataka options coming up in the India weeks of class: the Buddha was an AMAZING storyteller! Here's some background on the Jataka story tradition, one of my favorite animal story traditions: Wikipedia: Jataka Tales.

    ReplyDelete