Friday, February 12, 2016

Famous Last Words: Week 4



This week I was really pleased with the outcome of my storytelling, The Birth of Sidd. My goal in mind this week was to really mix up my storytelling. I wanted to try to make something fairly new and very creative. Again I was challenged by staying under the maximum length rather then the minimum. I am trying to test out different styles of storytelling of my storybook.

I also had help with writing my story by the pictures I found. I would find a picture I liked then change my story up so it went well with the photo. I wanted my readers to have a strong image in their mind when reading. At least for me it makes the story more interesting to read when the picture goes well with the story.
Adding a Strong Image

For this weeks reading I read the Buddha unit. Like the week before each story was connected to the past one. So it was as if I read one huge story. My favorite quote from the reading was, "Tell him that I possess neither virtue nor merit, for a man without virtue is never loved, and he who is never loved is never mourned." This quote is from, Siddhartha the Hermit. Even though Siddhartha ran into many negative encounters he still found a way to become a Buddha.


I also had a chance to check out some other students blogs! As well as getting some great comment feedback. It's nice to see how other student read my stories and intemperate them. Please never be shy of making any comments on my blog. Thank you to everyone who has made comments!


Last night I went to see Deadpool. My review; go watch it! I thought it was an overall good movie, it was funny, loving, action packed and entertain. Yet, aren't all Marvel movies?

 For this coming week my goals are: 
1. Use a new type of storytelling.
2. Find a great image for my storybook site! 

Just wanted to say Happy Valentines day to everyone for this weekend! Weather you be single or in a relationship tell your loved ones what they mean to you. (All though in my opinion you should do this all the time) 

This weekend I am going on a fishing trip with my sisters and dad. I am really looking forward to it. We also plan on having a BBQ and ending the night with a bonfire and SMORES! 

Personal Photo: Just Fishin






1 comment:

  1. That is cool that you kind of did your stories and changed your stories according to some of the pictures you saw and used. That shows how powerful some images can be. They can certainly tell a story and make you think. This Famous Last Words section of the class is an awesome option to have and I have used it too. I love being able to just get on here and type about other things besides school and I also love reading about other peoples lives. It really gives everyone the chance to get their voice out!

    ReplyDelete