Thursday, February 4, 2016

Famous Last Words: Week 3

Week 3
- Advancement - Opportunity - Achievement -

This week has been full of  learning advancements in my classes, opportunity in my work and many achievement all around. I am thrilled to be done with week 3 and have my topic for my story book picked out. I have picked the topic of Cherokee myths and have been spending a lot of time reading Myths of the Cherokee. I look forward to starting my story book. I am also taking Cherokee, I've been learning the basics of the begins as well as the language. I think this will really help with my story book. 
Cherokee Syllabary 

This week I was also blessed with the opportunity to start a new job! I will be working at O'Connells, working my way up to becoming a bartender. The staff is very friendly and great to get along with. I was also informed that one of my friend might have the opportunity to have an internship in my home town this summer. I would love the chance to show here around! 

File:Mentor Me by Ken Poirot Book Quotes 23.jpg
Make A Change

As for my achievements, I accomplish a lot this week in school, work, and person life. One of my goals for this class is to always stay ahead of the game. I have been pretty bad with procrastination in  the past. So for I've been succeeding with my goal. I plan to keep it that way. I have also been staying ahead in my other classes. I have my first paper due this Sunday and I already finished it. I also challenged myself this week with the reading and story telling assignment. I choose to read on the Adam and Eve unit, something I don't really know much about. It was different for me but I learned a lot and stepped out of my comfort zone. I want to broaden my knowledge in hopes of understand the bigger picture. I want to learn all sides to every story. 

******

"The Cherokee legacy is that we are a people who face adversity, survive, adapt, prosper and excel."

"And to fulfill this legacy, we must ask the questions...

"Where will we be as people five, ten, fifty or one hundred years from now?
"Do we brag about our full blood ancestor or do we brag about our Indian grandchildren?
"Do we live in the past or do we focus on the future?
"Is being Cherokee a novelty or a way of life?
"Is being Cherokee a heritage or a future?"

"Our ancestors who walked the grounds of this capitol building resoundingly cry,

"'Don’t forget the legacy we passed on. Don’t let it lapse. Pass it on, stronger and stronger to your children. Let the "Cherokee language laugh, speak and sing again. Let our history be known and discussed. Live by our wisdom. Don’t let us "die as a people. If you do then all our sacrifice will be for nothing and you will lose those things that fulfill your life.'"


 Chadwick ''Corntassel'' Smith
Principal of the Cherokee Nation,
State of the Nation Address
September 1, 2001


No comments:

Post a Comment