Sunday, March 6, 2016

Week 8: Reading

Native American Reading for Week 9-10

First, I plan on raeding the Great Plains. I picked this unit because I am also working on a research paper over the Cheyenne Indians. They are part of the Great Plain Indians. I hope to learn as much as I can. I also hope to understand and learn from their myths. 

I am excited about these next two weeks reading. I usually choose a Native American reading for my extra credit readings. Now I can rad even more about them. Once I saw the Native American unit I knew the problem wouldn't be picking one. It would be picking just one. Usually, I find myself reading the story from multiple units trying t choose one. This time, I found myself continuing to read!

The Creation story from the Un-Textbook

Second,  I would like to read the Cherokee unit. I am choosing to focus on the Cherokee Indians for my storybook. I am also part Cherokee and love learning about any part of me that I can. I am also very familiar with a few of their myths already. One I am the family find of is, The First Fire. I find it very interesting how certain things (in this case fire) came onto or into this world. 


British/Celtic Week 11-12

Third, from the British unit I plan on reading English Tales.  I was interested in the story The Rose Tree. It was fun to read with its different sections. It reminded me of other childhood tales such as; Hansel and Grettle, The Three Little Pigs and The Boy Who Cried Wolf. I look forward to this unit. 


Fourth, Nursery Rhymes. I have been wanting to rewrite a story as a nursery rhyme all semester. So I choose this unit for inspiration. I also wanted to choose a different type of reading. Something I don't usually choose. Something that is ew to me. 

European Week 13-14

Fifth, Hunt unit. This unit is full of stories such as; Bearskin, Hansel and Gretel, and Snow White. I am really looking forward to basing a story from one of these readings. I know these stories as they are told today. These, on the other hand, were published in 1884. I am interested to read more into them as they were written so long ago. 

Sixth, Another unit from the Brothers Grimm, Ashliman. I thought it would be interesting to choose this unit because it also has a few stories I have heard as a kid. One of the stories I looked into was Rumpelstiltskin. When I began to read this story It was not how I remembered it. I still enjoyed the story, though. I look forward to seeing the differences and similarities in the other stories. 

From Un-Textbook

No comments:

Post a Comment